IDLift3000 has been filming elevators since January 10, 2009 when it was known as “Sigma96” (a name which I made myself). During this period, video recording devices used were mostly mobile phones which had poor quality (see video recording devices formerly used section to find out more). At that time, it did not opened it’s YouTube channel due to there was no official elevator community in Indonesia. Finally on May 15, 2012, a YouTube channel called SchindlerLift1874 was officially opened. Also at that time, Sigma96 Productions was renamed to SchindlerLift1874 Productions On June 2, 2012, the production started using a new Canon PowerShot A2300 which has better video quality and can record in High Definition (HD). Later on November 24, 2012, a secondary channel called SL74Offtopic was launched to contain animated elevator and some random videos. Due to many people calling it’s main channel as SL74 (after inspired from the secondary channel SL74Offtopic), SchindlerLift1874 Productions was renamed to SL74 Productions. On November 25, 2013, another videotaping device, which is an Apple iPad, was used to filming elevators and as a secondary videotaping device, although not often used compared to the Canon digital camera.
Starting from June 19, 2014, SL74 Productions is now known as IDLift3000 Productions. This also changed the current YouTube channel name.
Video Recording Devices
Video recording devices currently in use:
- Nikon Coolpix S800C (since July 2014) – primary
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (since November 10, 2015) – secondary
Video recording devices formerly used:
- Sony Ericsson K530i mobile phone (January – July 2009)
- Panasonic DDV-6000 camera (January 2009 – December 28, 2010)
- Nexian G911 mobile phone (July 2009 – July 2011)
- Nokia 2730 mobile phone (March 2010 – May 26, 2014)
- Apple iPad (November 25, 2013 – May 26, 2014)
- Lenovo A361i (May 26 – September 4, 2014)
- Samsung Galaxy Core 2 (September 4, 2014 – November 10, 2015)
I normally use both Nikon Coolpix S800C and Samsung Galaxy Core 2 by turns, depending on the condition and situation. I use Samsung Galaxy J5 if:
- My Nikon Coolpix S800C runs out of battery.
- Forgot to bring an extra memory card for my Nikon in case the primary card runs out of memory.
- If the situation in the building is not possible for me to use Nikon (e.g. strict photography, too many security guards around, office buildings, elevator attendant, etc.)
Also, you may notice that some of my videos uploaded since December 2014 have an intro. If some videos recorded using Samsung Galaxy Core 2 does not have an intro, then this means that those videos were uploaded directly using WiFi because I didn’t have time to edit those videos on my laptop.
You may also notice that most of my older videos uploaded from 2012 to 2015 are not in HD, that’s because my connection around my home area was very poor and I don’t have a WiFi installed in my home. I really apologize for this inconvenience. I have now started uploading videos in HD.
** ELEVATOR FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT A CRIME! **